Tri-state area brides can have a “destination wedding” without going far. Why spend on plane tickets if you can have an island wedding near home? A wedding at the Jersey Shore can be as tropical and interesting as you want it to be. Exchange your vows and Long Beach Island wedding bands right on the beach in LBI.
Planning Tips for a Long Beach Island Wedding
Beach weddings on Long Beach Island can be as formal or as casual as you wish. No matter your theme or vision for your big day, there are a few tips you can follow for planning a beach wedding of your dreams.
Wedding Gown and Bridal Party Attire
- Wear a simple, lightweight wedding gown. It can be elegant without the long train, layers of fabric, or itchy lace. White is the traditional color, but blush pink actually photographs better on the beach. Cinderella Bridals, Matawan, NJ offer this lovely A-Line in lace and tulle with a silver beaded belt. It’s even available in baby pink with ivory over skirt for those great beach photos. http://www.cinderellabridals.com/allure-romance/allure-romance-2962-detail
- You’ll want your bridal party to be equally as comfortable, so choose loose fitting styles and lightweight materials such as linen or gauze, instead of silk tuxedo jackets or stiff dresses. Opt for flip-flops instead of dress shoes. These flip flops by Tony Burch are really cute. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tory-burch-terra-flip-flop-women/4284654?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=SILVER
Plan for the Right Environment
- Time your beach wedding photo shoot before sundown, otherwise the ocean will appear black and contribute nothing to the ambiance of the beach setting. Late afternoon is nice, so the sunset lights up the sky during the reception.
- The beach is noisy, even the private sections. Waves are crashing and wind redirects voices. Make sure your microphones and sound system is properly set for a beach wedding. Especially be aware of this if you’re having your wedding filmed.
- Choose a venue with a private section of beach for your wedding, or else you will have people photo bombing your wedding photos and setting up blankets too close.
Best Venues for Exchanging Long Beach Island Wedding Bands
Long Beach Island wedding venues that are highly recommended for their accommodations, catering and wedding planning are the following:
- The Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club in Beach Haven, NJ
Full service for your beach wedding, reception and accommodations for guests. Private beach setting. Complete wedding planning service to simplify things for the bride.
- Brant Beach Yacht Club in Brant Beach, NJ
Gorgeous panoramic bay views with private waterfront setting for your wedding ceremony. This venue does not cater but they can refer you to the caterers they’ve worked with successfully before.
- Bonnet Island Estate is one of several wedding venues owned by Weddings of Distinction, NJ. Sophistication and luxury on a private coastal island is a memorable setting for your Long Beach Island wedding, complete with a boathouse chapel.
Affordable Beachfront Hotel Rooms
If you’re looking for a great deal on lodging for you and your guests right on the beach in LBI, check out the Spray Beach Hotel. They even have a waterfront pavilion and beach bars, and a restaurant onsite with live entertainment on summer nights.
Beach Wedding Appropriate Long Beach Island Wedding Bands
If you’re a beach lover or even just a hopeless romantic, Long Island Beach is an appropriate venue for your big day. Not only are beach weddings romantic, they are so much fun to plan. You’ll want to remember this wedding and the special details for the rest of your life.
Your wedding band is a permanent symbol. It will bring your special day to mind with just a quick glance. There are many types of wedding bands, but you should look specifically for “Long Beach Island wedding bands” to capture the feeling and vibe of your LBI ceremony.
These beach wedding appropriate rings will serve you well. Gold wedding bands are reminiscent of the Long Beach Island sunsets. Sparkly diamond wedding bands bring the glimmering water to mind. Adding bright color to your ring brings a fun and youthful feeling about, like a beach ball bouncing on the sand.
See the following styles that are worthy of being called Long Beach Island wedding bands. Pick the one that matches your favorite part of your Long Beach Island trips, and it will make you feel happy and nostalgic to see it on your finger.
The final burst of color in the sky as the sun sets over the water.
A golden haze lights up the sky just before the sun makes its descent. Novell 18K brushed gold wedding band from Romans
Sparkling water reflecting the last of the sun’s light.
As blue as the sky over Long Beach Island.
The rosy glow of this wedding band says “beach wedding.”
It’s Cool to Have a Long Beach Island Wedding!
Last summer, pop singer Taylor Swift showed up to a LBI wedding at the Branch Beach Yacht Club. Taylor Swift’s appearance was a surprise for the bride and groom, and she even performed for them.
Another music star, Christina Aguilera, attended the wedding of a friend at Tuckers Tavern in Beach Haven. It was a private affair with the exception of a few excited teenagers who gathered outside after discovering that Ms. Aguilera was an invited guest.
Having a Long Beach Island wedding is cool! You will be in good company, and you just never know who might show up.