You may be wondering what to do on LBI this weekend or you may be wanting to plan 3 months from now. Either way, here are the highlights to get your plans kick-started no matter when you plan your LBI getaway!
January is a Great Time to…
- Find a Hotel open year round, like Spray Beach Inn so that you can take a walk on a snow covered beach!
- Check out the NJ Maritime Museum. Get out of the cold and explore the fascinating NJ Beach history.
- Open weekends, the Barnegat Lighthouse is a perfect place to check out this month. The crowds will be gone and you can take in the beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean.
March – Let’s all be Irish!
- Check out the Ship Bottom Brewery! Open year round with lots of live music events, you will be sure to enjoy yourself this weekend on LBI!
April is when LBI begins to open up!
- Spring Fishing Derby runs for most of the Spring. Kickoff is early April and runs through the end of June.
- Businesses start reopening for the summer season. Sand Dollar Restaurant is just one of the great restaurants out check out this summer!
- Pick up your copy of Passport to LBI for what to do on LBI this weekend and discounts!
- Event Planning for the summer has to start early! Don’t waste the summer wondering what to do when LBI has lots of events this year! Book your trip around what you want to do on LBI each month!
May – when LBI kicks off summer season
- Start May off right, fishing for striped bass and bluefish. Make sure you know when to fish what on LBI this summer! Go ahead and book that fishing charter you have been thinking about!
- LBI considers Memorial Day to be the Unofficial Start of Summer! This is when restaurants and pools open back up. Some hotels open back up. And the crowds come back. Get excited and book early to experience the magical reopening!
June – Summer, Summer, Summer Time
- LBI shuttle becomes available daily this month through early September!
- Summer fishing is where it is at! If you have any question what to do this weekend, the answer is fish! All June Long, fish for striped bass.
- Sign up for Surf lessons with the Sandy Avocado! Start the summer off right so you can ride the waves all season long!
July – Beachfront Summer on LBI
- Celebrate the fourth of July with live music and fireworks on LBI!
- Sign up for a Surf camp with LBI Surfing! 3 days of fun and waves will be sure to get you riding!
August – Ocean Breezes for the Dog Days of Summer
- Have fun at Fantasy Island during your LBI vacation!
- Try a Surf Camp with Aloha Surf Camps on LBI this month! Don’t let another summer go by without riding those waves!
September – Last bit of Summer at the Beach
- Book a stay at The Mariner Inn so you can spend Labor Day lounging by the sea for one last weekend sure to be warm!
- This weekend, check out a Flea Market and Craft festival on LBI!
October – Fall Festivals on LBI
- The end of season event on LBI to be at is Chowderfest! Don’t go home this fall without celebrating that last catch!
- Make sure you get out this fall to see the colors and tricks at the International Kite Festival!
- LBI Surf Fishing Classic happens every fall and usually runs early October through mid-December! Make sure to throw your hat in the race!
November – Start of the Holiday Season on LBI
- Thanksgiving is a great time to escape to the beach. Forego all the stress of cooking and enjoy the waves so that you will be ready for…
- All of the Shopping events Thanksgiving weekend! Barnegat’s Annual Special Thanksgiving, Farmers & Craft market is just one option to get your holiday shopping started!
December – Christmas Markets on LBI
- Check out the LBI Foundation’s annual Holiday market.
- Check out a Christmas or New Year’s show at the Surflight Theatre! They will be sure to entertain and keep your spirits high to get you through the winter!
You should never wonder what to do this weekend on LBI! With this look at the year on LBI, we wish you good times and tan lines on your beach getaway to LBI in 2022.