Planning your family vacations and affordable local trips for 2017? See all of the things to do in Long Beach Island, NJ and look into booking your stay at these Beach Haven Hotels!
What’s going on in Long Beach Island?
If you’ve ever been to LBI, you already know the deal. Long Beach Island has an atmosphere that calls your soul back every summer. It doesn’t need a lot of bells and whistles to become a priority for your family. But if you’ve never been to the island, we’ve got a list of reasons why you should get there before the peak season ends. There’s still time to book your stay at one of the great Beach Haven hotels- without breaking the bank! Here’s a look at some of the LBI events and activities that you can do anytime of the year, but especially in the summer!
- Family-friendly Fantasy Island Amusement Park
- 3 choices of golf courses nearby: Manahawkin, Brick, and Little Egg country clubs
- Black Pearl Sunset Cruise – a clipper ship run by genuine-looking (harmless) pirates
- Fishing and crabbing
- Parasailing and paddle-boarding
- Beaches galore, up and down both sides of the island
- Shopping sprees available down 9th Avenue: clothing, delicacies, gourmet food, Ship Bottom Brewery, surf stores, everything you need to keep the whole family happy.
- Relaxing yoga classes- on the brisk beach or in a heated room or sauna
- Long-Beach Island Surf Fishing Tournaments (October to early December)
- Beach Haven Christmas Tree Lighting (usually December 10th)
- The Night Market with 50+ local vendors, carollers, fire pits, and winter treats
- Scrumptious hot food at a variety of Long Beach Island restaurants
- Warmth, fun, and drinks at local taverns
- LBI Christmastime shopping opportunities
Pre-Season and Later Summer:
- Most of the above, weather permitting
- LBI Sea Glass and Arts Festival (October)
- LBI Fly International Kite Festival (October)
- Chowderfest (October)
- Lighthouse International Film Festival (early June)
- Pour into Summer Wine Festival (late spring)
Great Assortment of Beach Haven Hotels
There is no shortage of excellent hotels to stay at in Beach Haven. Even though LBI has six different boroughs, Beach Haven is a hub of activity and the best place to stay. If you prefer to sleep in quieter area but still have easy access to all of the nearby attractions, Beach Haven Gardens and Spray Beach at the northern end of Beach Haven make a perfect choice. Close enough but also far enough, if you know what I mean.
Beach Haven Hotels at the Northern End
- Mariner Inn
Here’s a very affordable place to stay at the northern end of Beach Haven in Long Beach Island. Great spot for families on a tight budget or college students visiting on spring break. Mariner Inn offers rooms with balconies and kitchenettes. There is a pool and sun deck, and guests at Mariner Inn have access to their sister hotel’s restaurant and facilities just a few block away. Minutes from the beach, Mariner Inn is the right choice for visitors who travel for the beautiful beaches and laid back atmosphere of this quiet and peaceful place. This is one of the best deals on Beach Haven hotels that you will find.
- Spray Beach Hotel
Spray Beach Hotel is the place for the traveller with high expectations for the food and the sights. This Long Beach Island hotel is right on the beach and offers rooms with a oceanfront view and others with a private entrance leading right to the sand. Spray Beach Hotel has an onsite restaurant where scrumptious local seafood is served daily. It also happens to be one of the area’s best places for live music at their beach bar and pavilion. Don’t miss out on special features such as Prime Rib Night, Caribbean Night, or Lobster Night, with live music and seaside views! If you’re looking for Beach Haven hotels that you’ll love enough to visit every time, don’t overlook your options at Spray Beach Hotel.
Other Beach Haven hotels to consider:
- Seashell Resort & Beach Club
- Engleside Inn
- The Gables
- The Islander Motel
Tips on Booking Your Hotel While Planning Your Vacation
- Beat the rush! Book your stay at Beach Haven hotels at several weeks in advance. It’s always a disappointment to look for an amazing oceanfront hotel room just to discover that they’re all booked up. Setting the plans early will give you more options.
- Don’t use a middleman. Go straight to the hotel’s own website or telephone line and book directly. This gives you more choice and control over what rooms you get and the deals are better almost every time. Third party sites advertise the lowest rates but when all is said and done the total will be higher than Beach Haven hotels charge.
- Clarify your priorities. Decide ahead of time on the sorts of things are important to you during vacation. Conveniently located to the beach? Close to high quality restaurants? Scenic views from the window or balcony? Spacious room size? Quiet hotel and less busy parts of town? Do you need an elevator? Most Beach Haven hotels are stairway walk-ups, so make sure you ask if you plan to rely on elevator access. Prioritize your wish list so you can focus on getting what you really want.
- Compare Beach Haven hotels. You’ve got to look at the pros and cons for at least 3 or 4 hotels in Long Beach Island in order to make your reservation with confidence. Look at the price, and look at what you’re getting for that price.
- Browse online reviews. Go to sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor to hear from people who stayed at these Beach Haven hotels before. Reviews can reveal things you would want to know, for better or for worse, about the hotel you’re considering for your stay. Never consider staying at a place with less than a 3 star rating, but be careful with the five stars if you’re sticking to a budget. Most Beach Haven hotels listed online with five star ratings cost an arm and a leg.
Get ready for a Beach Haven vacation to remember!
Whether you’re planning for a romantic getaway, a family friendly vacation, or a well-deserved rest for yourself, Long Beach Island won’t disappoint. You cannot go wrong with sunsets over the beach, beautiful seashore walks, great food and drinks, and a plethora of activities from golfing to parasailing. Best of all, LBI has a nautical, old town charm that will earn a special place in your heart. Give yourself a vacation to remember! Book a stay at the greatest Beach Haven hotels and you’ll enjoy every minute in LBI.