If you’re trying to plan your beach vacation on a budget, you’re in luck! From Long Beach Island hotel discounts to free or low-cost things to do on the island, you’ll be living the vacation life without breaking the bank.
Search Online for Long Beach Island Hotel Discounts
The beach is the best place to spend your summer vacation. Whether you’re travelling with your family or taking a grownups-only hiatus, you’re going to love getting away from the daily grind and spending some time in the sun and sand. The best thing about going to LBI is that you’re getting luxury on a budget! It’s so affordable to spend a weekend- especially if you plan ahead! To compare the amenities and rates for several local hotels, download the Long Beach Island Hotel Guide.
Looking online for Long Beach Island hotel discounts is a good place to start. Here are six quick tips:
- Look for multi-night Long Beach Island hotel discounts. Some LBI hotels take off $20.00 for two nights, $45.00 off for three, and $80.00 off for four nights. It’s nice to have extra spending money for drinks at the beach bar or games at the Fantasy Island arcade.
- Plan your vacation around the hotel discounts offered at different times of the year. Weekdays are cheaper than weekends. Off-season is cheaper than mid-summer.
- If you’re travelling with kids in tow, narrow your search to the places where kids stay free. (Like Spray Beach Hotel – no charge for kids under 12!)
- Some hotels have onsite restaurants where you can eat for cheap, if you’re a guest. Ask about credits and discounts offered in the dining areas. Obviously, it would be very convenient to eat at your hotel restaurant. Plus, if the food is great and the price is right, you really can’t beat it!
- Another money-saving perk is getting free beach badges from your hotel. Not all Long Beach Island hotel discounts apply to giving you beach access (which costs five bucks a day, per person) but most of the hotels in Beach Haven area include free beach badges for the duration of your stay.
- You’ll probably stumble onto travel discount websites while you’re searching for Long Beach Island hotel discounts. Just be cautious if you’re looking into placing a reservation through a third-party booking site. What looks like a great deal, more often than not, is the bait they use to trick you into paying a ton of expensive fees and taxes. If you really want to save money on your hotel, go straight to the source and take advantage of the discounts on the hotel’s actual website instead.
Great Long Beach Island Hotel Discounts in Beach Haven, LBI
There are many awesome hotels in Beach Haven are, which is the center of activity on LBI. You’ll find hotels on the high and low ends in terms of price and accommodations. If you’re on a really tight budget, you’ll probably opt for no-frills, off the beaten path lodging because it costs less. If you have money to blow, you’ll enjoy the luxurious quarters of the oceanfront resorts with private beaches. But most families fall somewhere in the middle. If you’re like most LBI vacationers, and you’re looking for a family-friendly place to stay that doesn’t break the bank, you should check out Spray Beach Hotel and The Mariner Inn. Both of these hotels are on the northern end of Beach Haven- far enough from the nightlife but close enough to get where you’re going within minutes.
Family friendly, budget friendly Long Beach Island hotels
The Spray Beach Hotel is right on the beach, offering oceanfront views and private access to the beach. They also have a pool and hot tub, a multi-level sun deck, and Jacuzzis in some of the rooms. Talk about relaxing! This hotel has an onsite restaurant, beach hut bar and oceanfront pavilion. One customer on TripAdvisor said “Great Happy Hour Drinks and Food” at Spray Beach Hotel, and the couple “loves their dinners and the ambiance of the patio seating.” The Mariner Inn is located directly in between the Oceanside and the bay side of LBI. You can easily get to the beach but it’s not nearly as convenient as Spray Beach Hotel. What’s great about Mariner Inn is that the rates are a steal, plus there’s a pool and even kitchenettes in the rooms. You can really make yourself at home when you’re staying at Mariner Inn. The Spray Beach Hotel and the Mariner Inn are owned and operated by the same people. Both of these Long Beach Island hotels offer rooms with the same room amenities.
Besides great Long Beach Island hotel discounts, you’ll also get:
- Flat screen TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outdoor Pool
- Sand Dollar Discounts
- Live Music on Weekends
- Coffee pots
- Hair Dryers
- Some rooms have cook tops
- Elevator Access
- Parking Lot
Plan Ahead to Save Money on Long Beach Island
Long Beach Island hotel discounts are the first step to an affordable family beach vacation. Adults can spend hours relaxing, reading and taking in the view from a beach chair while the kids are busy with sand castles, shell collecting, and body surfing near the shoreline. But saving money doesn’t start and stop at the hotel. You can keep a budget-friendly state of mind when you’re buying food and looking for fun things to do, too!
Other things you can do to save money on vacation:
- Pack a cooler to bring with you to the beach filled with sandwiches and fresh fruit, drinks and snacks- and don’t forget the water bottles!
- Book a room with a kitchenette, fridge, and coffee maker. Pick up groceries on your way to check-in. Fill up the fridge with drinks and easy-prep meals. Frugal families can have breakfast, lunch, or dinner in the room and avoid the expense of eating out each day.
- The fresh food (and locally caught seafood!) in LBI is to die for, so don’t skip out on the restuarants entirely. Take advantage of guest discounts when dining onsite, and clip coupons for the best local dining spots. Grab a booklet from the hotel front desk and search for offers that will save you money.
- Do your homework ahead of time to list the free and inexpensive things to do on LBI. You can climb all the way up Barnegat Lighthouse for three bucks, take a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel at Fantasy Island for five bucks, or attend one of the free festivals held in Long Beach Island like the Hop Sauce Fest, Chowderfest, or LBI Fly. From the beaches and bays to hiking and biking, there’s plenty of free fun to be had on Long Beach Island.
Don’t skip out on summer vacation. Plan one that’s affordable!
The best summer destination for families in the tri-state area is Long Beach Island, NJ. Don’t skip out on vacation just to save money- do your homework and get creative! No matter your budget, you can plan an affordable trip to LBI this summer, and you’ll be glad that you did.