If you’re heading to LBI, this will be music to your ears: There are over 30 free outdoor concerts in the works, plus bands are booked to perform at bars and restaurants several times each week. Find plenty of fun things to do in Long Beach Island NJ and enjoy some great tunes this summer!
Find awesome musical events and things to do in Long Beach Island NJ
LBI wouldn’t be same without live musical entertainment. Visitors and locals gather every year to relax and enjoy the sweet sounds of summer. It’s the perfect way to unwind. You may find yourself dancing through the breezy salt air while you sip an iced cold drink. Whether you’re hanging out with the wife and kids or having a go at LBI’s party scene, you can enjoy a variety of musical things to do in Long Beach Island.
Open Air Concerts in LBI
Long Beach Island’s recreational parks are set to host weekly summer concerts These concerts are free and open to the public. Local talent and cutting edge performers will take their turn on the stage to bring everything from Oldies and Jazz to the Hip Hop and Rock. Pick your favorite genre, location and dates, and get ready for a great time!
- Bayview Park in Long Beach Island Twp. Looking for family-friendly things to do in Long Beach Island Township? Bayview Park hosts Acoustic Summer Sundays from 12-3pm and features bands every Monday and Tuesday nights every week during peak season. Bayview Park is located at 68th Street and the Bay. Beach tags are not required to attend the concerts, but you cannot enter the ocean without one. Go and dig your feet into the smooth sand and rock out to live music.
- Waterfront Park in Ship Bottom, LBI On Thursday nights, head over to Waterfront Park in Ship Bottom for the weekly jam sessions. This will be the first year for the series of summer concerts in Waterfront Park. If you’re looking for an easy souvenir, pick up a 1st Annual Concert tee shirt during the concerts for $15 each. Waterfront Park is located at 10th Street and Shore Avenue. Parking and restrooms are available on site, and the park is handicapped accessible.
- Veterans Park in Beach Haven, LBI Another location to remember for outdoor live music is Veterans Park in Beach Haven. Bring your own chair or blanket to the park and enjoy the free outdoor concerts. There are always things to do for kids in Beach Haven, so it’s no surprise that Veterans Park will be hosting events geared towards children. There is a late summer kids concerts scheduled for August 15th, so your can make another memory with before schools starts back again.
Please note: The borough recently established a No Smoking policy at Beach Haven parks and beaches. Other parts of Long Beach Island have also declared parks and beaches as smoke-free zones, including Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island Township and Harvey Cedars.
Special Events with Live Music in Long Beach Island
There are special events and other things to do in Long Beach Island NJ this summer.
- Surfs Up Spectacular Fantasy Island Amusement Park is hosting Surf’s Up Spectacular fun and musical entertainment from July 25th to July 29th. Shows start at 7:30pm, 8:30pm, and 9:30pm. Every weekend during the summer, Fantasy Island throws a DJ-hosted dance party for the kids, which is free to attend. There is a cost for rides and games, but you can enjoy the atmosphere and enjoy the music without buying tokens.
- Hop Sauce Fest The 3rd Annual Hop Sauce Festival has a great lineup of bands playing on an open-air stage. This event will be held in early June, on the ball field between 9th Street and Taylor Avenue in Beach Haven. Kids can enter for free, but there is a $15 admission fee for grownups. You can still enjoy the music outside if you’d rather not enter the festival.
- Summer Sizzle The Summer Sizzle Block Party, hosted by Ship Bottom Volunteer Fire Company Auxiliary, is a fun way to spend an evening in LBI. There are things to do like raffles and auctions and activities for kids, plus plenty of food and drinks to go around. This year, the Summer Sizzle falls on Saturday, July 9th from 4pm-10pm and musical entertainment will be provided throughout the evening.
Nightlife and Dance Parties in Long Beach Island
The nightlife in LBI during the summer is amazing! Even though most daytime activities are for families and beachgoers, there is another scene for adults when the sun goes down. Music lovers will find so many things to do in Long Beach Island, because there are tons of local bars with bands playing every night. The favorite local places to go for live music are Sand Dollar Restaurant at Spray Beach Hotel, Buckalew’s Restaurant and Tavern in Beach Haven, Joe Pop’s Shore Bar and Restaurant in Ship Bottom, and Nardi’s Tavern and Grill in Long Beach Island Township.
Plan for live music, outdoor concerts, and fun things to do in Long Beach Island NJ
A vacation to LBI should be casual and relaxing and fun. If you’re trying to pack in many things to do in Long Beach Island, pace yourself and take time to relax and recharge. To experience the laidback culture of beach life at the Jersey Shore, follow the music, and let yourself go to the sweet sounds of summer.