Check out this guide to LBI Christmas Shopping – 25 great finds to put you in the holiday spirit!
Looking for things to do on LBI? See our list of Long Beach Island winter activities 2018 – 2019 and get some great ideas!
21 Long Beach Island Winter Activities 2018 – 2019
Here is the update to last year’s list of Long Beach Island Winter Activities 2018, and it’s 2x longer! If you’re planning to visit LBI this winter, start here:
1. Find a great deal on hotel accommodations (See LBI Hotel Rentals: Best Deals for End of Season)
2. Have fun at Fantasy Island Arcade – open weekends all winter long
3. Climb up Barnegat Lighthouse for breathtaking panoramic views (open weekends in winter and fees are waived)
4. Plan a Day at the Spa – Beach House Spa, Red Sails Salon, Prana Massage Organic Spa, etc.
5. Rent bikes and pedal down the LBI North Bike Loop or other great cycling places
6. Explore Local Museums – Maritime Museum, LBI Museum, etc.
7. Take advantage of great restaurants, minus the usual crowds! If you’re looking for year round bars and taverns, the Press of Atlantic City named 5 places that stay open all year long on LBI: Port Hole Café, Nardi’s Tavern, Delaware Avenue Oyster House, The Gateway, and Dutchman’s Brauhaus.
Christmas Themed Long Beach Island Winter Activities 2018 – 2019
Visit as Long Beach Island Gets Ready for Christmas and take part in the festivities! There are several Christmas themed Long Beach Island Winter Activities 2018 – 2019 lined up for November and December.
8. Nov. 24 – Attend Holiday High Tea at Surflight Theatre
9. Nov. 24 – Elves Maker Workshop for Kids at LBI Museum (plus caroling and fire pit in Veterans Park)
10. Nov. 24 through Dec. 17 – Shop and support local businesses at Holidays Redefined
11. Dec. 1 – Attend Ship Bottom’s Annual Christmas Parade
12. Dec. 5 through Dec. 16 – See “Elf, The Musical” at the Surflight Theatre
13. Dec. 8 – Beach Haven Christmas Tree Lighting in Veterans Park
14. Dec. 8 – Sugar Cookie Wars 2018 at Bay Village – Vote for your favorite at Spice It Up
15. Dec. 15 – Starting at 1pm, enjoy Christmas carols sung by children’s choir at yuleTIDE, LBI’s Christmas shop
LBI Locals’ Favorite Long Beach Island Winter Activities 2018 -2019
Fitness and free activities are popular Long Beach Island winter activities among the local residents. Here are some tips on How Locals Survive the cold months!
16. Bundle up and take a Nature Hike in Barnegat Light
17. Participate in Art Classes – LBIF, LBI Creative Minds, etc.
18. Die Hards – Suit Up and Go Surfing
19. Go Fishing! (check out tournaments like LBI Surf Fishing)
20. Walk (or Run) on the Beach
21. Participate in a Wreath Making Workshop, Learn How to Finger-knit a Scarf, and other free activities at Ocean County Library, LBI Branch
Plan Your Trip and Enjoy Long Beach Island Winter Activities 2018 – 2019
Are you warming up yet? Take advantage of great hotel rates and enjoy fun filled activities. Whether you’re spending Christmas on LBI or going for a short weekend, pick your favorite Long Beach Island winter activities. Start planning your offseason trip to LBI and make great memories with your family!
We published a full list of 2019 Summer Events – check it out now on Best Of LBI.buzz!