What are YOU doing for spring break!? A vacation to the beach is super cheap if a car will get your to LBI. Recruit a friend and spend four days of spring break on Long Beach Island. Enjoy ocean views, great seafood and beach bars. $300 will cover everything!
Free and Cheap Things to Do on Long Beach Island
Long Beach Island has plenty of awesome things to do that are well within your budget. If you follow our tips, you can take a four day vacation to Long Beach Island with a friend or significant other, and spend less than $300 per person TOTAL. All you need is a car to drive there, a bathing suit, and $300 to cover the hotel, the food, and the fun!
- Spend $300 for Spring Break on Long Beach Island$109 for 3 nights at a motel. Split the cost of a room at Mariner Inn with a friend. You can spend Fri/Sat/Sun nights in April or May for cheap! It comes to $36 per person, per night.
- $140 for food/drinks. If you’re going to LBI Friday afternoon and leaving Monday night, you’ll have enough for coffee and a simple breakfast, slices of pizza and a soda for lunch, and a great seafood dinner with a drink or two at the beach bar every day that you’re there. Skip the appetizer a dinner if you’d rather have an ice cream cone after a day on the beach. You’ve got a lot of flexibility with spending on food, because there are so many places to eat in LBI.
- $40 for some entertainment. You can see a show at the Surflight Theater (reopening in summer 2017!) OR use that money to take a Stand-up Paddle Boarding class (aka SUP) which includes the surfboard, paddle, and life jacket.
- $6 for arcade games. Fantasy Island Amusement Park has an arcade that’s open only on weekends in April and May. Cash out your tickets before 3pm to get discounts on the prizes!
- $5 for a beach badge. Most LBI motels and hotels provide guests with beach badges for free. If that’s an option for you, take advantage and save the money.
Have Fun without Spending a Dime
- FREE. Explore the local art scene and tour galleries
- FREE. Jump the waves and soak up the sunshine on LBI’s beaches
- FREE. Travel up and down the boulevard to see the sights in the free LBI shuttle
- FREE. Window shopping around the outdoor shopping malls
- FREE. If you’ve got a bike, take a ride down the Long Beach Island South Loop
Inexpensive Stays at Long Beach Island Motels
There are so many overnight options when it comes to spring break on Long Beach Island. If you’re looking for a simple, clean place to stay on a tight budget, check out the motels in Beach Haven. There are several inexpensive places to stay that offer easy access to the beach, bay, and shops. The Mariner Inn is one of the best deals for spending spring break on Long Beach Island.
Cheapest Way to Stay on LBI
If you’re looking for a spring break beach vacation that’s budget-friendly, book a 3-night stay at Mariner Inn! In April and May, you can book a Friday/Saturday/Sunday stay for a total of $218, and you can split that in half when travelling with a friend. That’s $36 per person per night, including all taxes and fees. That’s crazy cheap! This Long Beach Island motel offers more great deals through the season, especially for Independence Day and Chowderfest! The Mariner Inn’s shockingly low rates don’t stop guests from having access to the onsite pool and convenient location, plus their complimentary beach badges to save you 20 bucks.
Low Cost Eats on Long Beach Island
To stay within your $300 budget during spring break on Long Beach Island, you’ll need to be smart about planning your meals. Save money on a quick and easy breakfast, and grab some pizza for lunch. Splurge a little more on dinner at the seafood restaurants and frozen cocktails at the beach bars.
Here are some great places to eat on spring break on Long Beach Island!
Budget-friendly Dining Tips for Spring Break on Long Beach Island
- Take advantage of Early Bird Specials before 6pm
- Happy Hour specials on alcoholic beverages from 4pm-7pm
- Ask for a coupon book at the front desk of your hotel
- Check The SandPaper for info, ads, and coupons
- Remember to ask about discounts for veterans, students, or travel clubs
Spend $300 for an amazing Spring Break on Long Beach Island
Don’t even think about going into debt or skipping out on spring break this year. You don’t need airplane tickets or expensive hotels if you live within a car drive of the Jersey Shore. Spend your money on what counts- a safe, clean place to sleep in a beach town that offers great things to do in the daytime and a fun nightlife experience for you and your friends. Take a budget-friendly trip for spring break on Long Beach Island!